Friday, February 6, 2015

Inflammation and Heart Disease---

Inflammation and Diseases like Alzheimer's, Cancer, Diabetes, Heart Disease, Hypertension- May Have a Common Cause? Inflammation 

I have had heart problems since 1985 when I had my first angioplasty at age 48. I've had numerous angioplasty, heart characterizations and have 6 stents in my heart. Until recently, I thought most of my problems were genetic and cholesterol related. 

About a year ago, I found out about INFLAMMATION and 'C Reactive Protein', a test that shows the degree of inflammation in your body. I asked my cardiologist to do the test (a normal blood test) and found mine was exceptionally high. That's when I went on a quest to learn everything I could about Inflammation and prevalent diseases.

Alzheimer's, heart disease, obesity, diabetes, allergies and countless other medical problems may be related to 'Inflammation" in your body. 


Inflammation is defined as 'a response of body tissues to injury or irritation; characterized by pain and swelling and redness and heat'. MIT scientists have confirmed that chronic inflammation of the intestine or stomach can damage DNA, increasing the risk of cancer and heart disease

If this post does no more than get one person to have the 'C Reactive Protein' test done, (you don't even have to fast for it) and prevent one heart attack or stroke I will be more than happy I posted it.

A new study shows that daily supplementation with 1000mg of vitamin C reduces C-reactive protein in those with elevated levels. The effect was comparable to the anti-inflammatory effect observed with statin drugs. Because vitamin C is water-soluble the body is unable to store it, so the supply must be replenished daily either from high vitamin C foods or from supplements.

The Inflammation-Free Diet Plan will help you achieve your ideal weight--without fad dieting--while also reducing pain and allergies, slowing the aging process, and dramatically reducing your risk for dozens of medical problems. This flexible, easy-to-follow program is the ideal for every member of the family. Share it with those you love.

High CRP levels, indicating systemic inflammation, increases the risk of eventually having to have a joint replacement. Even more importantly, taking steps to reduce CRP (such as following an anti-inflammatory diet) cuts your risk in half!

No comments:

Post a Comment